velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nat...@esha.com>
Subject Re: TilesTool problem
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:13:11 GMT
Andrei Ivanov said:
> Hello,
> I seem to have some problems using TilesTool.
> In header.vm:
>
> ${tiles.getString("headerPictureNo")}
>
> ${tiles.get("headerPictureNo")}
>
> In the logs I get:
>
> picture no: 2 (so n really contains something)
>
> ${tiles.getString("headerPictureNo")} is not a valid reference.
>
> So this means that the getString() call is wrong and the get() call is ok?

what version of VelocityTools are you using?  1.1-beta? or did you build it
from CVS recently?

i ask because after 1.1-beta, we realized that wasn't the best method/name and
changed it to getAttribute().

> The first call is printed literally on the screen, but the second call
> doesn't print anything . :(

the get() method is still there and hasn't changed, but it is for rendering a
Tile, not for getting an attribute of a Tiles context.  so it makes sense that
the second call prints nothing.

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com