velocity-user mailing list archives

From Yiannis Mavroukakis <yian...@jaguarfreight.com>
Subject RE: NullPointerException in setDefaultProperties
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:29:19 GMT
This is a shot in the dark but give it a try..
after instantiating the VelocityEngine object(as ve in this cas) insert this
line of code

ve.setProperty( VelocityEngine.RUNTIME_LOG_LOGSYSTEM, this);

and then ve.init()

Yiannis

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: 21 January 2004 17:11
To: Velocity Users List
Subject: RE: NullPointerException in setDefaultProperties

Howdy,
Something is crazy here.  I've just added this bit of code, before
creating my velocity engine:

ClassLoader loader = RuntimeInstance.class.getClassLoader();
System.out.println("loader = " + loader);

And I get "loader = null" printed out.  How can the ClassLoader be null?
I must be doing something really stupid.  ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

sender.  Thank you.

service is powered by MessageLabs.

If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient. Jaguar Freight Services and any of its subsidiaries
each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.
except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized
to state them to be the views of any such entity.
service is powered by MessageLabs.