velocity-user mailing list archives

From "J. B. Rainsberger" <jbra...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: Velocity and J2EE 1.4
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 16:25:10 GMT
Jose Alfonso Martinez wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I am looking at the way JSPs are built in J2EE 1.4 and I find that it is very similar
to using Velocity. Many concepts are there in the same way Velocity uses them. I guess Velocity
influenced in a strong way this version of JSP.

> Being the newer JSP like the old JSP + Velocity, do you think that velocity will still
be used in J2EE 1.4??? Are there any features in Velocity that are still not included in this
version of JSP???

I can test Velocity templates without running a web container. Try
/that/ with JSP.
--
J. B. Rainsberger,
Diaspar Software Services