velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nat...@esha.com>
Subject Re: #parse not picking up updates?
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 21:35:48 GMT
White, Tim said:
> I'm having a problem with changes to macros in included files not
> getting picked up, and would appreciate any thoughts people might have.
>
> Here's the environment info:  WebLogic 8.1, Velocity 1.4, Vel-Tools 1.1,
> JDK 1.4.2.
>
> Here is the snippet of a "main" page:
>
> #parse("templates/macros.vm")
> (which contains only macros):
> Here are the relevant sections of velocity.properties:
>
> resource.loader = file, webapp
> file.resource.loader.cache = true
> file.resource.loader.modificationCheckInterval = 10

is there are reason you're not loading your macro file globally? e.g.

velocimacro.library = templates/macros.vm
velocimacro.library.autoreload = true

(of course, with the settings you describe, this may take 10 seconds before
updating)

also, what are your velocimacro properties?  e.g.

velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline = ?
velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline.to.replace.global = ?
velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline.local.scope = ?

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com