velocity-user mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@alaska.net>
Subject Re: Velocimacro argument (by-name) passing
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:02:37 GMT
Matthew Van Horn <matthew@ashleyassociates.co.jp> wrote:
> > How would you compare Tiles with VelocityLayoutServlet?
>
> other people might be able to give you a better comparison.  i've only
> played around with and tested the TilesTool.  i haven't used it much.
>
> I can't really compare, as I was using Tiles with JSP before switching
> to Velocity, and I never really used the VelocityLayoutServlet, but I am
> using the Tiles/Velocity combination for a substantial app, and I like
> it quite a bit.

I started out with Tiles + Velocity + Struts, quickly switched to Velocity
VLS w/o Tiles + Struts, and it's worked well.

Once I figured out how to use the us.ok.deq.wqdata.http.ViewAction (which is
just a couple lines of logic to translate forward definitions into velocity
context attributes), I found it even easier than my initial Tiles/Velocity
approach.

-Mike