velocity-user mailing list archives

From Tomas - <tom...@yahoo.se>
Subject RE: malfunction in xdoc to html conversion for VelocityTools?
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 11:50:33 GMT
I checked out velocity-tools from cvs yesterday,
because I wanted a closer look at DVSL generation of
docs, using anakia for now...

I think the <code> tag shouldn't be there ;-), refer
to simular xml documents. Yes, xdoc to html conversion
isn't processing it correctly.

The problem is in the stylesheet - style.dvsl. When it
matches 'methods', the macro doesn't expect more tags
in the 'abstract' so it just prints the value and dump
all tagged values.

---8<----style.dvsl---
#match( "methods" )
<dl>
  <dd>
    #foreach ($s in
$document.body.selectNodes("section") )
      #if ($s.method)
            <a
href="#$s.method.attrib("name")">$s.method.attrib("name")</a></td>
            $s.method.abstract.value()
      #end
    #end
  </dd>
</dl>
#end
--->8----style.dvsl---

The solution is to change...

  ##$s.method.abstract.value()
  $node.copy($s.method.abstract.children())

--
Tomas

If ain't broken, don't fix it

Shinobu Kawai <shinobu@ieee.org> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I'm not sure where I should post this, but here seems
the best to me...

>I'm helping translating the VelocityTools
documentation to Japanese at
>    http://www.jajakarta.org/velocity/tools/
>and I've found some weird stuff in the HTML
documents.

>In the xdocs, when there are <code> tags within the
<abstract> element
>of the tool method, the context of the <code> element
does not show up
>in the Method Overview section of the HTML.
>
>For example, if you take a look at the xdoc for
CookieTool#getAll(), you
>will see
>    <abstract>
>        Expose array of <code>Cookie</code> objects
for this request to the

(http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-velocity-tools/xdocs/view/CookieTool.xml?rev=1.1&view=auto)
>but in the HTML's "Method Overview", you will see
>    Expose array of objects for this request to the
template.

(http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/view/CookieTool.html)
>The "Cookie" is gone!
>
>So either the <code> tag shouldn't be there in the
first place, or the

shinobu@computer.org>

velocity-user-help@jakarta.apache.org