velocity-user mailing list archives

From Shinobu Kawai <shin...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: malfunction in xdoc to html conversion for VelocityTools?
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 22:02:44 GMT

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the suggestion!

> I don't know much (anything) about xdoc -> html conversion, but if the
> content is going to include less than/greater than characters, shouldn't
> it be wrapped in a CDATA element?
>
> i.e.
>
> <abstract>
>    <![CDATA[Expose array of <code>Cookie</code> objects for this request

> to the template.]]>
> </abstract>
>
> or alternatively, just escaping those characters.
Just tried them...  It works for the "Method Overview" part, but breaks
the first line description of each method section.  Here, the exact
content of <abstract> is copied, and HTML doesn't work with CDATA; and escaping
causes the tags to appear in the document.

i.e. they show
    Cookie objects for this request to the]]>
and
    Expose array of <code>Cookie</code> objects for this request to the template.

So I guess it's quite not it, yet.

--
Shinobu Kawai <shinobu@ieee.org, shinobu@computer.org>