velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Ken Wright" <ken...@ukonline.co.uk>
Subject Properties File
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2004 09:03:27 GMT
Hi,

I've scanned the archive and have found a similar post but no solution was
posted.

I am using Velocity 1.4 with Tomcat 4.1.30 on Windows XP Pro.

I have no problems getting servlets to work - I have several running.

I have followed the servlet examples included with the Velocity download. I
can get "servlet_example1" to work without a problem.

However, I can't get "servlet_example2" to work. I have used the
velocity.properties file(s) included. No matter where I put the sample.vm
template or the jar file, Tomcat's output notes that it can't find it.

It's as if the properties file is loaded thus preventing autoconfiguration
(sample.vm is not read from the root folder) but the path to the templates
directory or jar is not read/found.

Can anyone give me some suggestions to try?

Many thanks,

Ken