velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Cort Schaefer" <c...@xmission.com>
Subject RE: Is Nvelocity as advanced as Velocity (Java)
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:15:53 GMT
This is probably a post of the NVelocity list, but...

NVelocity is a port that contains all of 1.3.1 plus some of the 1.4
stuff.  I have some more incomplete changes that have not been committed
and am keeping track of differences.  I was kind of planning on some of
the larger updates that were to happen with 1.5 to happen before
bringing it all of the way up to date.

Yes, Anakia and DVSL are both complete as of the 1.3.1 release.

I did rely on conversion tool for helping in the conversion and where
that converted without needed an help, I left it.

Cort

-----Original Message-----
From: David A. Cruwys [mailto:david.cruwys@moneytech.com.au]
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2004 10:22 PM
To: Velocity Users List
Subject: Is Nvelocity as advanced as Velocity (Java)

I love velocity and I'm happy that it has been ported to .Net, but I was
wondering how complete and upto date the port is.

I have considered refactoring Nvelocity for two reasons. 1 - The code
looks as if it is mostly the result of a Java to C# parser and 2 - I
wish to understand the code inside and out.

So some questions:

Q1 What version of Velocity was Nvelocity ported from 1.3 / 1.4 ?

Q2 Are ongoing changes to velocity being incorporated into Nvelocity ?

Q3 Is the Anakia / DVSL support complete ?

Cheers Dave