velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Saad Zia" <s...@globalnorthstar.com>
Subject velocity.log Lock Error
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:36:21 GMT
hi.

I'm experiencing a Lock error on the velocity.log file.

ERROR 2004-07-16 13:18:41,783 - Checks.printCheck:? -  Error while Printing
check java.lang.Exception: Unable to configure AvalonLogSystem :
java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Tomcat4.1\bin\velocity.log (The process
cannot access the file because it is being used by another process)

I am experiencing this error when generating the report from multiple
terminals, accesing the application from a common server. Previously, I was
setting runtime.log = velocity.log in the velocity.properties file. I
commented-out the line and deleted the velocity.log file. However,
generating a velocity based template re-creates the file.

Is there any way through which I can disable the
creation/access/logging-into of this file? Does it make any difference if I
don't use this file for logging of velocity errors/process ?

thx.