velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nat...@esha.com>
Subject Re: AbstractPagerTool
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:14:23 GMT
Matthew Van Horn said:
> > this does bring up an interesting point. not everyone who wants paging
> > support will want it to be search oriented.  if no one beats me to it
(which
> > should be easy with how busy i am lately), i'll look into separating the
> > paging support out into a separate tool.
> >
> > Nathan Bubna
> > nathan@esha.com
> >

> I needed this, so I've pulled out the critera/query/search stuff from
> the AbstractSearchTool, and turned it into an AbstractPagerTool.

cool.

> It works the same, you just need to do something like:
>
> $pager.setResults(myList)
>
> to give it a List to page through.

so why is it abstract?

> I know some people have asked about this, but I don't know the procedure
> for submitting this to the project, as I've never really done it before,
> and I'd want someone else to look it over, in case I screwed something
> up.
>
> What should I do?

post it to the list.  say that you want to contribute it to the project.  then
people (myself included) can look it over and post any feedback they have on
it.  then at some point i'll find some time to give it a quick test or two,
and if i like it, i'll commit it to CVS (unless, of course, one of the other
committers beats me to it).

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com