velocity-user mailing list archives

From Mike Haberman <mi...@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Subject struts/velociy best practices question
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 17:11:30 GMT

Here's the situation:

   during an action, a business object is created
   I want to expose this object to the template

   the easiest seems to be request.setAttribute("obj", newObject)
   but if the <action>.. <forward .. redirect="true" />, this won't work.

   If I don't want (or can't) use a session, what are the choices?

   Would/could you add query parameters to the redirected url
   (e.g.  blah.com/createObjectSuccess.do?objId=4) and then pull
   the object into the template?  How does one manipule the url
   on a redirect?

   thanks again,

   mike