velocity-user mailing list archives

From Shinobu Kawai <shin...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: constructing variable names dynamically
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 11:19:38 GMT

Hi Ravikanth,

>  Thanks for your immediate reply. I was going through
> the mail archive and render tool as well. But the
> problem here is, I am running a standalone
> application. But the VelocityTools require to modify
> the web.xml to include VelocityViewServlet and toolbox
> properties. In my case i won't be having that. Can you
> please give me some sample code which can be used to
> solve my problem for standalone application.
Actually, RenderTool is under the o.a.v.t.generic package, which means
that you can use them anywhere you want.  (You must be looking at
ViewRenderTool.)

So you can just:
    VelocityContext context = new VelocityContext();
    context.put("ctx", context);
    context.put("render", new RenderTool());
and you're off!

Best regards,
-- Shinobu Kawai

--