velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Harrison" <Pa...@chp.co.uk>
Subject RE: Accessing Validation Errors from Velocity
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 08:24:05 GMT
Kishore,

Thanks for your response. The problem is that ActionErrors.add() has
been deprecated, so it's not a long term solution.

This is problem: Struts validator seems to use ActionErrors errors,
which I can't use because they've been deprecated.

Thanks,

Paul.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kishore Senji [mailto:ksenji@gmail.com]
Sent: 05 August 2004 18:35
To: Velocity Users List
Subject: Re: Accessing Validation Errors from Velocity

To display both messages generated by Validator and you, add your
messages to the same ActionErrors instance generated by Validator.

So, in the validate() method of your ActionForm which extends
ValidatorForm, do something like the one below

public ActionErrors validate(
	ActionMapping mapping,
	HttpServletRequest request) {
	ActionErrors errors = super.validate(mapping, request);
	errors.add("myOwnMessage", new ActionMessage(...));
	return errors;
}

In the template, using your Errors Tool, all your messages get
displayed.

Thanks,
Kishore Senji.