velocity-user mailing list archives

From Mike Rettig <mike.ret...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting String object of compiled template
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 22:02:54 GMT
I do the exact same thing for email. It's just a couple lines of code.

This should do it...
//import java.io.StringWriter;
// import velocity classes

        VelocityEngine eng = new VelocityEngine();
        //setup engine

        VelocityContext context = new VelocityContext();
        // populate context

        eng.mergeTemplate("myTemplate.vm", context, writer);
        String result = writer.toString();