velocity-user mailing list archives

From Peter Harrison <peter.harri...@nothingbutnet.co.nz>
Subject Setting Null
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 01:36:57 GMT
I've been looking through the archives, and it seems that there is a roadmap
to have the ability to have set( $boo=null ) in 1.6. This roadmap was in the
developers list in January this year. The roadmap had 1.4 being released
ASAP, and 1.5 not far behind. Thing is that 1.4 was released in April, and we
havn't seen 1.5 yet.

We are very keen to see this new feature since this issue almost lost us a
major customer when statements printed ended up being sent to the wrong
people - rather than having no address printed (address was null in some
records) it used the previously set address. The developer responsible knew
of the issue in Velocity, but just missed this consequence in this particular
code. Its just not failsafe, and while I'm a supporter of Velocity this
single issue continues to be a problem for us even though we are experiencd
in using it.

Regards,
Peter Harrison