velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Ravikanth.L" <ravikanth_lo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Clearing content for dynamically constructed variables - Urgent
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 10:18:37 GMT
Hi All,

 I have a problem in clearing the contents of the
variable which i constructed dynamically.

i construced the variable with the following syntax

$render.recurse($ctx, '\#set($$name = "$theValue")' )

if my $name is "id", the above syntax should create
$id variable and the value in $theValue should be the
content of $id variable.

Now the problem is...

I have this construction of variable in a macro which
i will be using recursively for processing the
hierarchy. For the top most level, it is able to
create the dynamic variables and assign the value. But
for all sub level hierarchy items, value of $id is not
getting replaced with proper value. It is still taking
the value of the top level $id. I checked that the
$theValue is not returning null or empty String ("")
for child elements.  I am struck at this point. If
anyone knows the solution for this, kindly let me
know.

With Regards,
Ravikanth.L