velocity-user mailing list archives

From Shinobu Kawai <shinobu.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: creating new instances
Date Sun, 05 Sep 2004 23:19:00 GMT
Hi Larry,

> I already tried going that route, w/ a toolbox.xml.  I was able to verify
> that the classes I refered to in toolbox.xml were being loaded.  Whoever
> created this in-house framework I'm using did something in the DVSL
> sources and rebuilt it so that I still could not access them from the
> Velocity context.  I think I tried something like
> "$context.toolbox.myClass ..." but nothing seemed to work.
I'm just skimming through the DVSL documents, so correct me if I'm wrong.
    http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/dvsl/users-guide.html

It looks like it doesn't use "toolbox.xml", but "toolbox.props".  I know
that VelocityView uses "toolbox.xml".  Maybe you can access them if you
use the property file instead.

But since you mention that "the classes I referred to in toolbox.xml were
being loaded", I'm guessing that you are doing that.  IMHO, it might be
best if you can contact the in-house framework developers, or have
access to their source code.  If it is unexpected behavior, it should be fixed.

Best regards,
-- Shinobu Kawai

--
Shinobu Kawai(shinobu.kawai@gmail.com)