velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Krishnan Muthuswamy" <kri...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Velocity Performance Related Queries
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 15:57:14 GMT
Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion. Changing the modificationCheckInterval to -1 did
shave off a great 2000ms and now it takes around 1300 ms to render a page. I
am having separate velocity template for each and every component and I
changed them to separate velocity macros loading off of VM_global_library.vm
and hence there is only one merge at the page level. Still it takes around
the same time. (1300ms).

Are there any more suggestions on the velosity performance improvements in
my scenario. I have to render a page in under 300 ms.

Thanks a bunch and Regds
Krish

----Original Message Follows----
From: Chris Rousseau <chris.rousseau@jda.com>
To: 'Velocity Users List' <velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Velocity Performance Related Queries
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:15:08 -0500

velocimacro.library.autoreload = false
file.resource.loader.cache = true
file.resource.loader.modificationCheckInterval = -1

We've found that these three settings work well in a production environment.
The first will help, assuming you have your controls in a macro library. The
second, you already have. The third basically tells Velocity not to waste
any time checking for modifications to update the cache.

Chris Rousseau
JDA Software Group, Inc.
chris.rousseau@jda.com