velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Curwen" <g_dev...@globallyboundless.com>
Subject RE: High Traffic Scenario for Velocity
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 14:49:37 GMT
Much more anecdotal than all that. Purely  "user experiential".

I was not only the developer, but the primary user of the little app in
question.  So I had become very used to a certain response rate. That rate
would be best described as "instantaneous".  I would click a button, or hit
'refresh', and the page would be there with no perceivable delay.

Now when I did my conversion to JSP, I had the old Velocity app still up and
running, and the JSP version up in a different host. So I could do a
side-by-side.

The JSP app I'd click a button or hit refresh, and I was able to count in my
head "1.... 2.... done".  Before I'd see a page.  It was visibly and
obviously slower.