velocity-user mailing list archives

From Shinobu Kawai <shinobu.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documentation for Directive
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:46:11 GMT

Hi Ben,

> Where can I find more information about Velocity Directive? I would
> like to write one but so far it doesn't work...
>
> I would like to do something like this:
>
> #useSomething("/WEB-INF/file.xml")
> #doSomething("nodeA")
> #doSomething("nodeB")
> #end
>
> I created two directives, one for #useSomething (as BLOCK) and the
> other for #doSomething (as LINE). Somehow Velocity doesn't parse
> #doSomething. What should I do to make my #useSomething recognize
> #doSomething?
Where have you looked so far?  I'm sure it's not in the user guide.
Maybe in the developer guide, or the specification?
    http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/developer-guide.html#FAQ3
    http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/specification.html

I've never implemented a directive, but the ultimate answer would be "in
the source code".  ;)
## I have a bad habit of searching the source when something goes wrong.

Best regards,
-- Shinobu Kawai

--
Shinobu Kawai <shinobu.kawai@gmail.com>