velocity-user mailing list archives

From Shinobu Kawai <shinobu.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: macro does not load first time
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:47:58 GMT
Hi Andrea,

> The User Manual says:
>
> "simply use the |velocimacro.library| facility to have Velocity load
> your VMs at startup"
>
> My problem is that I need to use MANY files with macro declarations.
> This is important for
> me because many developers produce macros to obtain more readable files
> and is good for
> them storing their macros in different files (one file for each
> developer/module for example).
> It is very difficult to share a single "macro-declarations file" in a
> multi-developer environment.
You can set multiple velocimacro files by separating each with a comma.
    velocimacro.library = VM_Andrea_library.vm, VM_Shinobu_library.vm
If you don't want the line to get long, you can continue to a new line
with a backslash.
    velocimacro.library = \
        andrea/VM_Andrea_library.vm, \
        shinobu/VM_Shinobu_library.vm
If you don't want the velocity.properties file to get big, you can
extract the property with the "include" property.
  velocity.properties:
    include = velocimacro.properties

  velocimacro.properties:
    velocimacro.library = \
        andrea/VM_Andrea_library.vm, \
        shinobu/VM_Shinobu_library.vm
For details, refer to commons-Collections ExtendedProperties
    http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/collections/apidocs/org/apache/commons/collections/ExtendedProperties.html

Best regards,
-- Shinobu Kawai

--