velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Chacko, Raj" <rcha...@cincom.com>
Subject FW: Velocity Struts
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:14:56 GMT
Hi (New user)
Does VelocityContext work only within the VelocityViewServlet?
My current project is based on Struts framework. I wanted to use Velocity to
generate some dynamic views.
On the vm file, I did get access to all request, session, application
objects. What I want to know is from within an Action class, if I declare a
VelocityContext object, will this be available for access in the vm file?

I did some examples but they were either
1. an isolated java file, wherein we had defined the velocity engine & then
merged the vm & context;
2. or a servlet class extending the VelocityViewServlet.

What I want is to continue to use the Struts Action class & also expose the
context object from there.

Has anyone come across anything like this? If so, can you send me any
examples on this?

Appreciate your help