velocity-user mailing list archives

From Ben <newread...@gmail.com>
Subject Equivalent to pageContext
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:13:31 GMT
In Velocity, which instance I can use that has the same functionality
as the pageContext?

I am trying to convert Struts-Menu Taglibs to Velocity Toolbox and
everything seems to be working fine except the permissions.

The scenario:

The 'admin' has full menu, the 'user' has restricted menu.

1) Startup Tomcat.
2) Login as admin and see full menu and logout
3) Login as user and see restricted menu and logout
4) Login as admin and NOT see the full menu but see the restricted menu instead
5) Continuously switching user but I can only see the restricted menu.

The only way I can see the full menu is to restart Tomcat and login as admin.

I am currently using viewContext but I believe this instance gets
initialize once when Tomcat starts up. Whereas with pageContext it
gets initialize with each JSP page.