velocity-user mailing list archives

From Shinobu Kawai <shinobu.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Giving up on Velocity
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 01:56:38 GMT

Hi Clifton,

> #macro( expandIfNodeExists $node $templateStr)
>     #if( $node )
>         $!templateStr
>     #end
> #end

## snip

> And then when it encounters another constraint definition in another
> table element things fall apart. I'd get this:
>    rateunit varchar constraint valid_values check rateunit
> #if($sltAtr.get(0) .getValue() =='exclude') not #else #end in ("hour",
>    "year"),
At first glance, it looks like you could use the RenderTool.  (My first
glance also says, "I think there's a better way to do this...".  ;))
    http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/javadoc/org/apache/velocity/tools/generic/RenderTool.html
## But I don't know how to set tools in Anakia.  :(

As an alternative to Anakia, you can use DVSL for xml transformation.
    http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/dvsl/index.html

Best regards,
-- Shinobu Kawai

--