velocity-user mailing list archives

From Eric Fixler <...@fixler.com>
Subject Re: Struts Javascript Validators
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:53:39 GMT
Thanks for the reply...

On Nov 10, 2004, at 9:56 AM, David You wrote:
> Not this one, mention the bean in the Actionmapping with
> name="simpleSearchForm"

It's mentioned in an action mapping here:

<action
	path="/simpleSearch"
	type="org.smete.exploratorium.action.SearchAction"
	name="simpleSearchForm"
	scope="request"
	validate="true">
</action>

But, if my mental model of things is correct, the actionmapping isn't
referenced until the request is submitted, i.e. after the [dynamic]
javascript has already been written. (I tried adding an 'input'
parameter in the action, but this had no effect either)

BTW, validate true/false has no effect, I believe this refers to
server-side validation.

thanks...still trying
eric