velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Florin Vancea" <fvan...@maxiq.ro>
Subject Re: Macros - autoreload
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 06:15:39 GMT
Maybe Tomcat is deploying your app to some temp dir and loads it from there.
For development I add to velocity.properties a high-priority file loader
pointing to the original source directory. Thus, all I need is to change the
.vm files in source dir.
When generating for production I simply do not include the file loader and
set caching to true.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sayed Hashimi" <SayedH@housing.ufl.edu>
To: <velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 9:57 PM
Subject: Macros - autoreload

> Hi,
> I'm relatively new to velocity. I'm defining some macros and changing them
frequently. I would like to not have to restart Tomcat for these changes to
take effect. So I set the following properties:
>     velocimacro.library.autoreload = true
>     file.resource.loader.cache = false
> I then go to the page that is rendered by the template and view it, change
the macro save changes to target directory, then reload the page. But no
changes are taking place. I even logout of the site and log back in to see
if that makes a difference but it doesn't. Does anyone know what the problem
can be??? I've look through the documentation and it seems like I'm just
missing something.