velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Sayed Hashimi" <Say...@housing.ufl.edu>
Subject RE: Macros - autoreload
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:49:22 GMT
Hi,
Thanks for the response. I don't think this is happening because while Tomcat is running I'll
change the .vm files that render the page. Then simply reload the pages, and I can see the
changes. I'm still currently trying to determine why the macros are not reloading how they
should. But honestly I'll just work around it until I figure it out.

Thanks,
Sayed Hashimi

-----Original Message-----
From: Florin Vancea [mailto:fvancea@maxiq.ro]
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 1:16 AM
To: Velocity Users List
Subject: Re: Macros - autoreload

Maybe Tomcat is deploying your app to some temp dir and loads it from there.
For development I add to velocity.properties a high-priority file loader
pointing to the original source directory. Thus, all I need is to change the
.vm files in source dir.
When generating for production I simply do not include the file loader and
set caching to true.