velocity-user mailing list archives

From "William Fuller" <williamful...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Multiple .VMs
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 04:42:12 GMT
I mentioned in an earlier post that I was attempting to convert pushlets to
use Velocity.  I did some experimenting and I have a hybrid Velocity/JSP
version running.  Needless to say I want to NIX the JSP.

I need to load a page with several hidden frames, each hidden frame wanting
to point at a different .VM.  I want the same servlet that generated the
page with the hidden frames to serve the templates.  The catch is, to do the
"pushlet" thing, the template will need to be processed over and over again.

class extends velocity servlet...
for( int i = 0; i < 10; i++ )
  // database type stuff...
  get.template()  sort of thing

Is this something that Velocity can handle?

I would appreciate any advice on this topic before finding out the HARD way.
(-;

Thank you in advance.