velocity-user mailing list archives

From Shinobu Kawai <shinobu.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: setting up velocity to log to servlet log
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:20:15 GMT
Hi John,

> Thanks for your quick response, Shinobu.

No problem.  I was still awake.  :)

> While this appears to be a great model to use and explore for my future
> projects, my deadline prevents me from investing time to familiarize
> myself with alternatives at this time.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix this, using what is already in place?

Let's see.  You're right about log4j not being in the dep jar.  Have
you tried putting the log4j jar in your classpath?

One more thing.  Assuming you are using VelocityServlet, it uses the
singleton model, causing all Velocity to have the same configuration.
    http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/developer-guide.html#Singleton

Best regards,
-- Shinobu

--