velocity-user mailing list archives

From chenjian <chenj...@uvic.ca>
Subject RE: Macros - autoreload
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:52:40 GMT
Hi,

I also ran into this issue before. I don't quite remember the details but it
appeared to me that some velocity settings for the macros are conflicting with
eath other (I maybe wrong).

Anyway, here is the setting I used for rendering:

// this setting is such that changing inline velocity macro will take effect
// WITHOUT restarting the web server!
ri.setProperty(RuntimeConstants.VM_PERM_ALLOW_INLINE_REPLACE_GLOBAL, "true");
ri.setProperty(RuntimeConstants.VM_LIBRARY_AUTORELOAD, "true");

Note "ri" is the runtime instance.

Is this working for your case?

Cheers,

Jian

>===== Original Message From "Sayed Hashimi" <SayedH@housing.ufl.edu> =====
>Hi,
>Thanks for the response. I don't think this is happening because while Tomcat
is running I'll change the .vm files that render the page. Then simply reload
the pages, and I can see the changes. I'm still currently trying to determine
why the macros are not reloading how they should. But honestly I'll just work
around it until I figure it out.