velocity-user mailing list archives

From Katarzyna Chmurzyńska <k...@gazeta.pl>
Subject problem with latin2
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:53:57 GMT
Hi

I'm writing WEB application where I have to use polish fonts. I have set
up input and output encodings to iso-8859-2 in velocity.properties, also
compile application with option  -encoding latin2, templates are also
set to iso-8859-2. I also use Postgres (database with option -E latin2).
When I read data from database (which contains polish letters) and show
it in navigator everything is ok.
The problem is when I try to save data from form. After posting it I get
"?" instead of every polish letter when validation fails, and when
validation is ok every polish letter is gone (they are cut).
To specify more I use Struts with Velocity.

Has anyone get any similar problem?

K Chmurzyńska