velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to inherit ServletToolboxManager?
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:41:53 GMT
On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 21:33:45 +0900, Shinobu Kawai
<shinobu.kawai@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sato,
>
> > I'm using VelocityView and am very happy it's much easier creating
> > dynamic HTML than JSP and custom tags.
>
> Agreed.  :)
>
> > Now I need to use some my own implementation of ServletToolboxRuleSet
> > (which is in "org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet" package),
> > so I tried to extend ServletToolboxManager to overrride "getRuleSet()"
> > method in it. But I couldn't because ServletToolboxManager is singleton
> > and its only constructor is private.

> > If any good idea to extend ServletToolboxManager, please could you
> > tell me?
>
> Hacking VelocityViewServlet#initToolbox()?  Actually, I think it might
> be nice if you could configure the RuleSet via init-param.

i actually have some stuff like this in the works.  if we're lucky and
i get some paid-time to work on VelocityTools in the next few weeks,
you might see some fairly radical changes begin to arrive.  i've been
long, slowly working on some heavy changes (probably worthy of a 2.x
branch), and with a product launch imminent, i may be able to take
some work time to further that effort. :)

nathan