velocity-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bailey <chbai...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Question on using text from resource bundles
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 04:02:29 GMT
It appears that for folks using Spring MVC, that there is a springMessage
Velocity macro to assist with this.  About the only place I've found
reference to this is in the actual "spring.vm" source file, and then one
post on the Spring mailing list with the macro suggestion.  So, at least if
you're using Spring, check that out.

On 1/13/05 5:01 PM, "Shinobu Kawai Yoshida" <shinobu.kawai@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
>> Or you could just write your own custom velocity tool (perhaps using the
>> struts one as a basis) if that's not a good fit.   A velocity tool is just a
>> java class that's stuck into the Velocity context so you can call methods on
>> it.
>
> ResourceBundles are one of the key features for java i18n.
>    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/intl/intl.doc.html#23039
>
> I would say a ResourceBundleTool (or something like that) could come
> in handy as a generic tool.  And maybe a ViewTool which uses the
> request's Locale, too.  :)
>
> Best regards,
> -- Shinobu
>
> --