velocity-user mailing list archives

From Gagan 007 <gagan007in...@yahoo.com>
Subject File format contains the fixed size s# with left padded 0, can we do this in Velocity?
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:21:07 GMT

I have to show some file in this format

S#  Value

0001 abc
0002 adc
0003 afc
0004 sbc
0005 fbc
0006 abh
0007 afc
0008 sbc
0009 fbc
0010 hbc
0011 alc
0012 a;c
0013 a'b
0014 ab[
0015 ayc
0016 a5c
0017 ab4
0018 a3c
and so on

0100 abc

I have all the values  in the collection and i m iterating through it...
Plus i need to show the S#... which gets incremented with each value...as shown above...

The size of the sequence no.. is 4 digits.. if there are not 4 digits then the s# is left
padded with 0
u can c the example above...

Is there any feature in Velocity to generate this S# while i m iterating through the values...

Its urgent any help would be appreciated..