velocity-user mailing list archives

From Gagan 007 <gagan007in...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Same context two merge into diff. Templates, Is this possible in single call to Velocity.evauate?
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:09:20 GMT
Simon,
Thanx for ur reply
Let me try again to explain my need

1. I have two different Velocity Templates...
2. The Vecloity variables are same in both the templates.
3. Now i need to call Velocity.evaluate twice, to merge the context with the templates
4. What i m looking for is a way in which i am able to pass both the templates together with
the same context, and two different outputs (one for each template)

i hope i m clear this time

Simon Christian <simon@stoutstick.com> wrote:
Hi Gagan,

Well it depends what you're asking: do you need to merge two separate
templates into two separate outputs? If so then there really isn't a
useful way to do this any easier. However, if you need to include the
two templates into one output then it's easy, just use #parse() - see
the manual for how to use it.

- simon