velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Ryan M. Waters" <rwat...@datawareservices.com>
Subject Re: question on velocity-tools-1.1 examples :: simple.war
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 21:47:04 GMT
Yeah, I thought it looked kind of wrong, but I sort of robotically
copied .jar files from velocity-1.4 and velocity-tools-1.1 and only
removed the very obvious (e.g. velocity-tools includes a
velocity-dep-1.3.1.jar, but I already had a velocity-1.4 ... which, now
that I think about it, removing the older for the newer could also cause
problems)

So I threw them in there waiting to see if things would run or break.  :)

Ignorance is living on the edge  -ryan

My next step is to do my homework on dependencies!  Would it be
inappropriate for velocity-tools to include exactly what's needed for
tomcat ... nothing more, nothing less? (And to specify the version of
tomcat they assume the user has installed)  It seems like the project
might be taking a servlet-container-neutral stance?  Perhaps that's by
design.

Thank you both for the response.