velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: best practice question
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 16:12:30 GMT
that's very strange.  what you're doing looks fine to me and
definitely should work.  and no, it shouldn't make a difference
whether the methods are static or not.  they just need to be public
methods in public classes.  so, the first thing i suggest
double-checking is that the Constants class is declared public.  if
it's not, it would explain why toString() works, but your methods
don't (toString() is in Object, which is declared public).

if that's not the problem, then would you send your Constants class
itself for us to try this out?  if you're not comfortable or allowed
to show it to the public list, you could just send it to me, and i'll
try it out.