velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Sanden, Steve" <ssan...@cincom.com>
Subject Passing a Javascript generated value into velocity
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:39:18 GMT
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to know how it might be possible to do the following:

I have a modal dialog that accepts a string value.

//simple javascript that evaluates length of a string @ submit

If ( myvalue.length < 5)

alert('$esc.javascript($text.get("SY_msg_length_error","SY",$len))');

where $len is an object array composed of the the javascript value
'myvalue.length' and the end result alert message reads something like:

[This value is only 4 characters long. Must be at least 5.]

The main problem I'm having is trying to find a way to make velocity
recognize the javascript value, which I've been unable to do so far.

I believe I understand why, but I'm hoping that there might be a way
around it .. a way that I have as yet discovered

Thanks in advance

Steve