velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Tanveer Dhillon" <tanveer.dhil...@secf.com>
Subject RE: suggestion
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 04:43:44 GMT
i need to use frames in velocity...kindly guide me.
I m using velocity with turbine. when i use frameset tag in a vm page the
frames dont appear in the browser.
please suggest

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrés Sanín M. [mailto:asanin@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 12:57 PM
To: velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: suggestion

Hi, i have a sugestion for you to change in the User's guide:

// in section "Case Substitution", you make the following example:

$foo.getBar()
## is the same as
$foo.Bar

// ...then in the text below that, you use similar notation to say:

............ When the method getFoo() is referred to in a template by
$bar.foo, Velocity will first try $getfoo. If this fails, it will then
try $getFoo. Similarly, when a template refers to $bar.Foo, Velocity
will try $getFoo() first and then try getfoo().

// some people could get confused if they try to relate both, so i
think it would be better to change the text below to:

............ When the method getBar() is referred to in a template by
$foo.bar, Velocity will first try $getbar. If this fails, it will then
try $getBar. Similarly, when a template refers to $foo.Bar, Velocity
will try $getBar() first and then try getbar().

Thanks for 'listening',
Andrés