velocity-user mailing list archives

From jeich...@optonline.net
Subject Re: Problem with decimal in most recent snapshot
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 01:48:37 GMT
Hey Nathan and Will,

I mention trunk because I was compiling from trunk instead of VEL_1_5_BRANCH as it downloaded
from subversion.   I have only used CVS before this and have not compiled many Apache releases
yet.

I had compiled both velocity and velocity-tools both out of Subversion yesterday to have that
decimal change.

I tried your one test Nathan to no avail.

I am sorry this is not being obvious.  I am trying to think of information I have not given
you, but I think I passed to you most all of my configuration.

The thing that sticks out in my head is this.  When I have:

file.resource.loader.class = org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.FileResourceLoader
file.resource.loader.path = /WEB-INF/templates
file.resource.loader.cache = true
file.resource.loader.modificationCheckInterval = 1800

My site comes up in browser.  Email templates will not merge using the code I gave you.

When I use

resource.loader = file,webapp

file.resource.loader.class = org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.FileResourceLoader
file.resource.loader.path = /WEB-INF/templates
file.resource.loader.cache = true
file.resource.loader.modificationCheckInterval = 1800

webapp.resource.loader.class = org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.WebappLoader
webapp.resource.loader.path = /WEB-INF/templates
webapp.resource.loader.cache = true
webapp.resource.loader.modificationCheckInterval = 1800

or the variations you gave me, I get the exception when I try to web browse.

I know Velocity Tools is loaded because the rest of my site depends on it for links and such.
 I use it with struts.

Ugghhh...was not my frustration, but that I may be causing you both to scratch your heads
over a dumb user ;+)

Thank you for you help.

JohnE