velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with decimal in most recent snapshot
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:40:38 GMT
the VelocityViewServlet uses a webapp resource loader, not the
FileResourceLoader. try setting your velocity.properties to:

webapp.resource.loader.path = /WEB-INF/templates

On 4/13/05, jeichels@optonline.net <jeichels@optonline.net> wrote:
> Hey Will,
>
> Sorry about using the same Subject line.  Trying to understand possible changes.  Maybe
you can let me know if you see anything fishy.  I am not using the ClasspathResourceloader
as far as I know as I didn't need it in 1.4.

> I keep the velocity jar under /WEB-INF/lib.
> I keep the templates not in jars all under /WEB-INF/templates
>
> In velocity.properties I have:
>     file.resource.loader.path = /WEB-INF/templates
>
> This is in web.xml:
>
>   <!-- Define Velocity template compiler -->
>   <servlet>
>     <servlet-name>velocity</servlet-name>
>     <servlet-class>org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet</servlet-class>
>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>org.apache.velocity.toolbox</param-name>
>       <param-value>/WEB-INF/toolbox.xml</param-value>
>    </init-param>
>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>org.apache.velocity.properties</param-name>
>       <param-value>/WEB-INF/velocity.properties</param-value>
>    </init-param>
>    <load-on-startup>10</load-on-startup>
>   </servlet>
>
>   <!-- Map *.vm files to Velocity -->
>   <servlet-mapping>
>     <servlet-name>velocity</servlet-name>
>     <url-pattern>*.vm</url-pattern>
>   </servlet-mapping>
>
> In toolbox.xml I have:
>
> <toolbox>
>   <tool>
>       <key>errors</key>
>       <scope>request</scope>
>       <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.struts.ErrorsTool</class>
>   </tool>
>   <tool>
>      <key>actionmsgs</key>
>      <scope>request</scope>
>      <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.struts.ActionMessagesTool</class>
>   </tool>
>   <tool>
>      <key>link</key>
>      <scope>request</scope>
>      <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.struts.SecureLinkTool</class>
>   </tool>
>   <tool>
>      <key>msg</key>
>      <scope>request</scope>
>      <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.struts.MessageTool</class>
>   </tool>
>   <tool>
>      <key>form</key>
>      <scope>request</scope>
>      <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.struts.FormTool</class>
>   </tool>
>   <tool>
>      <key>tiles</key>
>      <scope>request</scope>
>      <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.struts.TilesTool</class>
>   </tool>
> <!--
>   <tool>
>       <key>date</key>
>       <scope>application</scope>
>       <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.DateTool</class>
>   </tool>
> -->
>
> </toolbox>

VARIABLE PUT INTO CONTEXT: body =
> > > /WEB-INF/templates/pub/member/registration/emailregconfirm.vm
> > > THE TEMPLATE PATH IS:
> > > /WEB-INF/templates/pub/common/email/default/defaultEmailTemplate.vm
> > > ERROR [http8080-Processor2]
> > > TemplateToStringManagerBD.getContentAsString() - VelocityEngine
> > failed to
> > > merge the template.
> > > java.lang.NullPointerException
> > >        at
> > >
> > org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate(RuntimeInstance.java:835)>
       at

> > org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate(RuntimeInstance.java:817)>
       at

> > org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeSingleton.getTemplate(RuntimeSingleton.java:285)>
       at org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.getTemplate(Velocity.java:469)