velocity-user mailing list archives

From jeich...@optonline.net
Subject Problem with decimal in most recent snapshot
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 23:55:49 GMT
I am attempting to upgrade from Velocity 1.4 to the 1.5's most recent snapshot.

Basically I am getting a decimal when I should be getting an int with the following code I
use in production already:

#set ($colSize = ($jpPop.size() / 3) - 1)
THE COLUMN SIZE IS $colSize

when colSize is printed out it gives a number like 6.3333333 when all values in this calculation
are integer.   I should get 6 as an int according to the documentation.

>From what I can see there is no way to make a float an integer either.  This too I would
imagine could be a problem.

I was hoping to push this into production tonight but it will have to wait till I can figure
out what to do with the potential affects this could have to the whole system or...it gets
resolved.

I was hoping to upgrade to help me remove the memory leak as a possible reason why my Tomcat
4.1.30 service is instable and going down with no warnings repeatedly during the day.

JohnE