velocity-user mailing list archives

From jeich...@optonline.net
Subject Re: Problem with decimal in most recent snapshot
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:58:17 GMT

Something I am just noticing.  When I have commented out webapp.resource.loader.class, the
general templating works for web browsing.   It works off of the base web root.

When I put back in
      webapp.resource.loader.path = /WEB-INF/templates
Velocity seems to disregard the base web root for all processing and I get the ResourceNotFoundException
found at the bottom.

This seems to work with Will's idea on full path, but shouldn't it still use the file.resource.loader.path
for web browsing?  As soon as I take out the webapp.resource.loader.path it goes back to using
path relative to the web root.

I always need to use a path relative to the web root in both cases if possible.  I am going
to mess around with paths now and see if I put in the full path it works.

JohnE

org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find resource '/WEB-INF/templates/pub/common/tiles/defaultTemplate.vm'
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.loadResource(ResourceManagerImpl.java:463)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.getResource(ResourceManagerImpl.java:346)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate(RuntimeInstance.java:835)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate(RuntimeInstance.java:817)
	at org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.getTemplate(VelocityEngine.java:504)
	at org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet.getTemplate(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet.handleRequest(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet.doRequest(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet.doGet(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:684)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:432)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:356)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:1056)
	at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.doForward(TilesRequestProcessor.java:261)
	at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processTilesDefinition(TilesRequestProcessor.java:237)
	at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(TilesRequestProcessor.java:300)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:231)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)