velocity-user mailing list archives

From Eric Fixler <...@smete.org>
Subject Configuring Velocity Logging with Tomcat 4.1
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 21:30:53 GMT
Hello all.

I'm trying to modify Velocity's logging, mainly what I'd like to do is
lower the log level so it doesn't log each time it finds (and re-finds
and re-finds) the same templates.

I'm completely baffled.  I use commons-logging & log4j and have set up
a root logger for my app, yet velocity's messages get logged to the
localhost_log file in Tomcat's log folder.  Messing around with
velocity.properties caused a 'velocity.log' file to be created, but I
wasn't able to reduce the logging level.

Can someone provide a simple recipe, preferably using only the
facilities provided by log4j.properties, velocity.properties, and/or
web.xml to reduce my logging level?

Thanks
eric

Eric Fixler                                          v:510/643-0106
Senior Software Architect                            f:510/643-1822
UC Berkeley, Engineering Systems Research Center     e:fix@smete.org
                                                      w:www.smete.org