velocity-user mailing list archives

From <richard.wise...@bt.com>
Subject A couple of wording suggestions
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 09:29:55 GMT
First things first: thanks for such a clear, solid introduction to
Velocity.

I do have a couple of suggestions for slight wording changes where the
language doesn't sound right (from a UK English point of view, at
least):

1) In the Velocimacros section, there is a sentence that ends: "...but
when the Velocimacro is invoked, it must be called with the same number
of arguments with which it was defined."  I'm not sure that's
grammatically correct, and a colleague of mine suggests changing the end
to: "...same number of arguments as in its definition."  I had
considered simply inserting "as" before the final "with" as an
alternative, but that may be a little cumbersome.

2) In the Case Substitution section, there is a sentence ending: "...its
developers have strove to catch and correct user errors wherever
possible."  We believe "have strove" is incorrect and should either
simply be "strove" (i.e., removing the "have"; though that does change
the tense) or more likely should be "have striven".

Thanks again for such a well written and pitched user guide.

Regards,

Richard Wiseman