velocity-user mailing list archives

From Paul Goepfert <paul.goepf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem displaying velocity content on webpage
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:40:56 GMT
Nathan Bubna wrote:
>need a bit more info than that...
>
>are you getting error messages in your logs at startup or elsewhere
>that look pertinent?

According to my tomcat log there is no toolbox defined when I am pretty
sure I have it defined
>what do you mean by "does not render correctly"?

The $link.setAction() method does not work, same with $text.get() so
anything associated with these methods don't render.  I see the method
calls rather then what the method is soppose to retreive from the
properties file.
>what are the tools in your toolbox.xml?

In my toolbox I have StrutsLinkTol, MessageTool, and FormTool

>showing us your toolbox.xml and web.xml might also be useful.

Here is my toolbox.xml

<toolbox>
    <tool>
        <key>link</key>
        <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.struts.StrutsLinkTool</class>
    </tool>
    <tool>
        <key>text</key>
        <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.struts.MessageTool</class>
    </tool>
    <tool>
        <key>form</key>
        <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.struts.FormTool</class>
    </tool>
</toolbox>

web.xml

<web-app version="2.4" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>velocity</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>org.velocity.toolbox</param-name>
            <param-value>/WEB-INF/conf/toolbox.xml</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>10</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>velocity</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.vm</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

I only included the velocity portion of my web.xml to save space.

-Paul