velocity-user mailing list archives

From Withers John Z <John.With...@irs.gov>
Subject RE: Help with VelocityViewServlet
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:19:32 GMT
Barbara,

Thanks for the information.

Perhaps my application is not well suited to use the VelocityViewServlet.  I
was hoping to use it as a base to get 'free' access to the tool box and to
the servlet logger.

My analysis indicates that the template name I wish to use is not properly
being passed through VeloctiyViewServlet to the underlying Velocity
instance.  My web.xml file looks something like this:

<servlet>
 <servlet-name>browse</servlet-name>
 <servlet-class>blah.blah.blah.BrowseServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
 <servlet-name>browse</servlet-name>
 <url-pattern>/browse</url-pattern>
<servlet-mapping>

With this configuration, it appears that when I request
http://blah.com/blah/browse, VelocityViewServlet is looking for a template
file named 'browse'.  This is not what I want.  Is there an init parameter I
can set to 'force' the template name to a set value?

Thanks!

John Withers