velocity-user mailing list archives

From Simon Christian <si...@stoutstick.com>
Subject Re: macro / parse problem on first run
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:41:47 GMT
Hi Eric,

Your observations are correct, that the parsed-in macro won't be
available on the first request. If you want to use the macro within
multiple templates (as would typically be the case), you should add a
line to your velocity.properties file:

     velocimacro.library = macro.vm

Velocity will look for that file in your usual macro path(s). There
are further options, which you can read about within the developer
guide: http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/developer-guide.html

- simon