velocity-user mailing list archives

From Barbara Baughman <baugh...@utdallas.edu>
Subject Re: Help with VelocityViewServlet
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:55:41 GMT
The "not found" error message, at least in tomcat, indicates that the
servlet container can't find the servlet definition in the web.xml
file or it can't find the servlet class anywhere in the classpath.
Be sure the servlet is properly defined in your web.xml file, with
servlet-mapping.  Be sure the servlet class is in the servlet
container's classpath.  Be sure the permissions allow the servlet
container user to read the file.  There has to be something different
between the setup of the servlet that yields this message and the
servlet that doesn't.

If it were the fault of the servlet itself, you'd be getting an
Exception message.

Barbara Baughman
X2157